miércoles, 8 de diciembre de 2010

Learned

Final Journal
Through the process of taking all these pictures based on certain themes, I learned to see the world in a different way that allows me to created different concepts of my surroundings. To be the witness of all that is going on around us can be a privilege because we never know which will be the impact those experiences to us. Besides, to be witnesses makes us responsible to describe, and analyze a situation or object. But, to be a witness is also becoming someone who transmit a message of truth. Studying all about photography, specifically its theory makes me consider myself more sensitive and perceptible now. To see photographically is like getting a quality that makes us conceptualize the world from another perspective, so that help us to create a better critical thinking about daily life. To see photographically is like to gain a supernatural power because now all my senses are more alerted and tuned; all my whole being is more conscious about each feeling, or sensation. Likewise, through the study of photography I had learned to aestheticize visually the ugliness, those things that are framed, and nobody wants to see so. Now, I can understand what is behind those things that with just a glimpse do not make sense. 
On the other hand, I did not only take the role of witness, also took myself into the frame to be part of the photography message. I learned how a person can borrow the identity of another culture to be part of it, and then represent him or herself from another perspective. I found myself really connect with the portraits and what they represent. Therefore, they lead us to explore into of our personalities, and then to have an excuse to represent ourselves from different dimensions. Finally, I consider that photography provide a better understanding and meaning of culture and society. Being both too complex, culture and society need something that show us the truth in a “Digestible way” (Herbert, 7), and it is through the photography.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario